Blades wont engage.

katesdad1025

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older husqvarna lth 130. Ran great when I bought it from a friend but towards the end of mowing season, the switch that engages the blades stopped working. However, if I popped the harness and switch out of the hole and moved it around real fast, it would engage. I'd have to do this every time I had to engage the blades. Now that I brought the mower out yesterday to maintain it, I can't for the life of me get the blades to engage. Is there a certain wire I need to be looking at? Has anyone ever had this issue? If so, how did you get it fixed? Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All you have been doing was just making the worst. It should have been professionally repaired when it started as it would have cost less than it will now.

But I have seen this problem multiple times but now takes repairing the wiring harness and replacing the switch. Or maybe even replacing the whole wiring harness depending on the shop's mechanic abilities. Here I repair the harness but of course I have the needed components in stock. At first it probably was just a fifty cent terminal bad but now it is prpbably more involved.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The blades will only engage if the seat switch is activated
However I agree fully with Star probably a bad connection.
Crimps often fatigue where the rear barb penetrates the insulation & wire
Thus they make & break contact due to mechanical vibrations.However this causes a lot more problems as the arcing generates a lot of heat
Husqvarna put circuit diagrams in the back of their parts books which is where you start.
The parts books are a free download from Husqvarna web page.
The usual set up with a PTO switch is the first 3 terminals ACROSS the 3 pin end are the starting lock out
The second row is the actual PTO control wires
All of the other black wires are various safety lock outs