Blades blades for bobcat procat

uk gardening

Threads
Can anyone help me out on blades info.
I use a 52" 3 blade procat and have standard blades that it came with. Can you get any other types of blades which are even better than the standard ones ?
I cut school fields every 10 days and would like to try differant blades and see what the differance is. Some sites grow like mad so would the mulching blades strain engine more, more fuel ?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have a nice expensive mower. Because of precision dimensions and weight of blades {balancing}, I would stay with original part. When one chooses to go to an alternate blade, it might be the start of a problem to come. Deck spindles, bearings, not to mention internal engine wear.You might ask dealer for a factory mulching blade for your mower. I would definitely stay with factory parts. Have you checked Bobcat Procat website for parts? Good luck, Mark

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have a nice expensive mower. Because of precision dimensions and weight of blades {balancing}, I would stay with original part. When one chooses to go to an alternate blade, it might be the start of a problem to come. Deck spindles, bearings, not to mention internal engine wear.You might ask dealer for a factory mulching blade for your mower. I would definitely stay with factory parts. Have you checked Bobcat Procat website for parts? Good luck, Mark

I agree they probably make mulching specific blades or even high lift blades from factory made for your machine.

If you still feel the need to find different options check oregon's gator blades for options

edd

Threads
after market blades always worked fine for me.......cheaper too......i cut some schools and am thinking about a predator pro.....are you happy with bobcat?

uk gardening

Threads
Cheers for replys guys.
Yes im very happy with the machine.
Only problem was tensioning deck spring broke after a month, but new one seems fine. Must have been weak. This machine cuts fast, and is smooth. Im going to order some gator blades and try them. Its a very well built machine and people keep saying its a cracking looking machine. Some mowers look awfull mind. Well worth buying.

uk gardening

Threads
Has anyone noticed differance in power or more fuel used when using high lift blades or gator blades for procat ?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone noticed differance in power or more fuel used when using high lift blades or gator blades for procat ?

Yes gator blades use more gas and rob more power

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cheers for replys guys.
Yes im very happy with the machine.
Only problem was tensioning deck spring broke after a month, but new one seems fine. Must have been weak. This machine cuts fast, and is smooth. Im going to order some gator blades and try them. Its a very well built machine and people keep saying its a cracking looking machine. Some mowers look awfull mind. Well worth buying.

Question....when you store the Bobcat between cuttings and over the winter is the deck all the way down at it's lowest position??? If it's like my Gravely, stored like that "completely extends" the tensioning spring. I store mine with the deck at it's highest position(therefore the spring is at it's most "relaxed" position). I figure it will prevent the spring from "stretching" over time versus storing it with it "extended". If you stored it "extended" just maybe it contributed to the spring weakening......maybe?????

uk gardening

Threads
My machine is always left with deck at high setting, so maybe before I purchased it they might have had it sitting a while whilst stretched. Good point mind. I keep a spare spring and a bent wding rod to change it or replace belt. Works a treat.