Blade Replacement and Alignment

FLEA

Threads
I own a 2008 LT1045...Changing blades for the first time (please don't judge...LOL). When I replaced them I just took off the 3 old blades and replaced with Oregon Gator Blades. Now, when I start up and engage the PTO the blades are hitting either the deck or one another (pretty sure they are hitting one another). Strange though, the "ding" of whatever the blade is hitting is very rhythmic and occurs about every second. Did I need to orient the blades in a certain direction when putting them on?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Should be 2 long blades and one short blade. Short blade goes in the middle.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
CUB CADET 742-04125-X Option Oregon® Exclusive 96-685 BLADE, CUB CADET GATOR® G3™ 16-5/16IN
CUB CADET 742-04124-X Option Oregon® Exclusive 96-684 BLADE, CUB CADET GATOR® G3™ 14-7/8IN
These are the blades you should have purchased.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Blades that need to be timed to each other run toothed belts like on your car's timming belts
There is a good chance the deck is a little bent
Get under the deck and rotate the blades by hand.
first without the belt attached.
You are looking for a smooth and quiet rotation, if no spindle bearings require attention.
Replace the deck belt
It is very important that the drive belt is on the deck as it will pull against the spindles and shift them if they are loose.
Turn the balde again.
Check that they are in alignment. Mark where one side passes the deck then check he other side against the mark.
Check that the bades ar the same height where they pass each other.
Check the ends of the blades , if they have been hitting there will be a spot where the paint has been scrapped off.
If a blade is striking the deck, hammer the deck out a bit they tend to close in a bit around the discharge hole and along the front where the deck strikes rocks & roots.
If a pair of blades are striking take a little off both ends of one blade only, and just enough to allow clearence .
You will have to take the same amount of each end to keep the bades in balance.