Blade keep hitting catcher guard. Help

bamablood22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new bagger for my Raptor 52 last fall. Installed it and ran it for the first time today. 2hrs into it, Blade somehow caught the metal catcher guard attached to bottom of the outlet tube. Blade cut the guard in half and ripped the bolts out of the plastic tube. Went to the parts store bought a new catcher guard, added a few washers to make sure the bolts didn't come through the plastic tube again. 20mins in the Blade destroyed the new guard and probably going to have to get a new bottom tube as well now.... can can anyone give me pointers? Blade seems tight not wobbly by hand and good tension when spinning by hand.

smalltimerpm

Threads
What style blade are you running? I'm assuming the deck still has the bottom bracket at chute so there is no give? And definitely check level of spindle along with bearings spacers and washers depending on blade type your using.

bamablood22

Forum Newbie
Threads
What style blade are you running? I'm assuming the deck still has the bottom bracket at chute so there is no give? And definitely check level of spindle along with bearings spacers and washers depending on blade type your using.
The deck chute is open without a bracket. The blade I am using came with the bagger system for the hustler raptor. The bracket that I was using attaches to the plastic outlet tube and has 3 bolts which 1 comes through the deck to stabilize the tube, the only other part is a tab the goes through the top part where the plastic guard for the grass to come out is located. When installed there is about a .5/1 inch gap between the blade and the catcher guard that was installed. Blade does not seem to have any wobble to it and is tight. I would have to take it to a lawn mower place to check the spindle bc I can do basic maintenance but def not a lawn mower repair guy. Anything in particular to look for when checking the spindle, of course cracks and it being bent?