Billy Goat Kawasaki FA210V Engine Won't Start

Bizango1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm looking for some help/advise before I bite the bullet and take my Leaf vacuum to the shop and pay through the nose. I think I'm having some type of carburetor problem. When i put some spray starting fluid in and pull the cord the engine sounds like it is going to start up and as soon as the starting fluid is used up it dies as if it is not getting gas. I drained all the old fuel and fuel line took apart the carburator and cleaned it and I'm having the same issue. Gas is getting into the carburetor but for some reason it keeps dying. I'm no carburator expert and this was my first time cleaning on but the float looks like it is working and when i spray Carb cleaner through the nozzle that the fuel enters it does come through into the carb. I haven't changed the spark pulg because it starts to run so i assume the plug is ok. Does anything obvious jump out at you? Thanks!

chance123

Threads
It sounds like the main jet is plugged up in your carb. Use some tag wire and carb spray to clean your jets.

Bizango1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Chance 123. Embarrased to ask this question but where is the main jet? I thought I cleaned the carb pretty good but I guess i just cleaned the part where the gas comes into the carb not where the gas shoots into the engine.

Bizango1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Disregard, I found the main jet and it was plugged up. Cleaned it and reasembled and i have the same issue. :mad: Thanks for the help though!

chance123

Threads
On some carbs it is "in" the bolt that holds your float bowl on, some have it in the lower part of the carb that the float surrounds, and some have it screwed in just "above" the threads where the bolt that holds the float bowl on. Run a tag wire then spray, and you will see the spray going into the throat of your carb (with the air filter assy off)

Bizango1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Chance123, I found it. I cleaned it out for a second time tonight, I'll give it another shot in the am.