Better tires?

ARMYtango

Threads
Hi all!

A couple of months ago, I bought a Snapper S50x.

It states that it has "Turf Saver" (or something like that) tires, but I don't believe that it lives up to the name. These tires don't get very much grip and end up spinning and tearing up the lawn on too many occasions.

Is this a weight issue on the rear (needing more?) or are there better tires out there that I can purchase that give better grip and not tear up the lawn?

Thanks in advance!

txzrider

Threads
Are you new to ZTR's because in order to not tear up the turf when turning ... it takes a little practice. the basic rule is to always keep both wheels moving. if either of the lap bars is centered and you move the other one... the tire that is not moveing will tear up the turf. are you having issues on hills? go slowly.

ARMYtango

Threads
No, I am not new to ZTRs...I know how they operate....

I am not talking about it tearing up when turning, I would understand that...I am talking about when moving forward....even when trying to go slow, one wheel will actually spin (no particular side) and would leave a tear patch.

It is as if no matter how slowly you push forward on the bar, the tire will leave a take-off strip.

txzrider

Threads
that has not been the case for me... but then my snapper had a joystick instead of lap bars and my new Country Clipper also has a joystick. Now on my snapper, I eventually bought what Snapper at the time called a high traction kit which was comprised of 2 new wheels mounted with lugged tires. This was because I had an issue going up my very sloped side yard. I have not needed to do the same with my new mower so far...