Best mower if you're five

Threads
I was at the store today trying to buy a birthday gift for a relative. I saw this little mower for 5 year olds that blows bubbles. It won't trim the green, but if you're looking for a mower for your tiny tot, it won't chop their little fingers off either.

rekees

Threads
Probably cuts better than my Craftsman. :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was at the store today trying to buy a birthday gift for a relative. I saw this little mower for 5 year olds that blows bubbles. It won't trim the green, but if you're looking for a mower for your tiny tot, it won't chop their little fingers off either.

Sure hope it's electric start, a 5 year old would have a tough time yanking the cord of a pull start mower :biggrin:

Threads
Ha! I think its good old fashion sweat power. The little one pushes it, the wheels turn something and the bubbles come out. Either that or its got batteries, which would technically be electric. Got to start 'em young.

Hoss

Threads
Sounds cute. This way, you can both mow the lawn together. Get some work done and spend quality time with your family while you're at it.

Usedtorent

Threads
Oh my! Now that sounds very precious! My kids both had something similar when they were growing up. It actually blows out bubbles and they loved it. They also had vacuums inside too that did the same.

cottom

Threads
As a child I lived in a very rural area where it was not uncommon for youngsters to have responsiblities far greater than a much older teenage would have today.
At 5 years old I was driving a Ford 8N farm tractor dragging the fields smooth, by 9 or 10 I was mowing hay with a sickle bar mower on the same 8N, alone and unsupervised. By 12 years old I was hauling grain to the mill in a tandem axle 1948 International with a "RED" motor and 4X5 gear box. And at 13 Dad gave me my first car, a Ford, that was completely disassembled, the body in one barn, the power train in another, a true basket case. Dad said, "by the time you get this running you will be old enough to drive." Two days later it was running, Dad was true to his word, and I've been driving ever since. What I learned at an early age gave me the knowledge to drive a tractor-semi tractor (flatbed) over 2,000,000 miles on nearly every road in the United States, and most of Canada. I've never had a traffic violation (ticket), and have never had a chargeable accident.
The youth today do not have such opportunities and it such a same. If you can safely give your child training and skills that will help with their maturity go for it.