belt

dwint

Threads
a friend of mine bought a old 30 inch snapper and the belt seems loose to me and when I engage the blade the grass only shoots out about 4 feet and I can spin the blade easy by hand.sounds like it needs a new belt to me.the belt is also shinny

Tommyboyxd

Threads
a friend of mine bought a old 30 inch snapper and the belt seems loose to me and when I engage the blade the grass only shoots out about 4 feet and I can spin the blade easy by hand.sounds like it needs a new belt to me.the belt is also shinny

Is your friends mower a rear engine rider?

If so you may just need to tighten the belt by extending the tube out of the rear frame.

There is one clamp on the tube below the seat, then sit on the mower and slowly push out so the front gets longer.

Check this attached pic, to measure the clearance for the correct tension.

If it is not a r.e.r. I have wasted your time. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 8

dwint

Threads
yes it is a rear engine so ill check that out thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also, the rear engine riders use a six sided belt, make sure that yours is six sided, and not a v-belt.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
As fish said look at the belt as some used the double v belt. I have a rare 46 inch snapper rer very hard to find a belt for it.

When you make the mower longer to tighten the belt you need add a spacer into the gap.

Belts do not stretch the wear out and sit deeper into the pulleys.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

dwint

Threads
ok thanks guys ill look at it and see whats up with this mower.i no who worked on it and he does stuff half assed so i'll see what a six sided belt looks like

dwint

Threads
ok thanks guys ill look at it and see whats up with this mower.i no who worked on it and he does stuff half assed so i'll see what a six sided belt looks like

partstree.com sells belts cheap.one thing I don't understand is I got these numbers off the mower 33084 and it comes up on there site but not snapper