Battery Strap or clamp for 1998 721D

Greg1881

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1998 721D that the original owner put a larger battery in. The battery went bad and I went back to the original size battery which now I need clamps or a battery strap to hold down the smaller size battery. The battery tray has a 1/4" hole in the bottom on the left side and the right side. The dealers parts diagram says I need Part #723017, but it does not appear to be correct. Does some one have a 721D around my year they could take a picture of the part holding the battery in place or explain what the hold down looks like? Thank you

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd call a couple mower salvage yards to see if anyone has any, or make something. The part shows NLA several places and no photos of it show up in Google Search. This showed up but I don't know. https://www.ebay.com/itm/274640820457

Greg1881

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the metal box and cover bolted to the mower, I am just trying to determine the part that actually holds the battery in place. The hooks on a bungee cord get in the way of the cover closing

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the metal box and cover bolted to the mower, I am just trying to determine the part that actually holds the battery in place. The hooks on a bungee cord get in the way of the cover closing
Drill new hole so a bun-g will hold. If parts are no longer found, got to crack some eggs to make an omelette.