Bahia Grass

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok guys, give me input on COMMERCIAL mowers and your experience on cutting Bahia grass. We see various makes our Kubotas included that string it pretty bad after it heads out. What do you do about it to make them cut it?

Even with new blades we see it doing this.

edd

Threads
I just double cut in the opposite direction......when the stalks get dry that don't work every time......bahaia is tough.....I wish they made weedeater string out of it

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just double cut in the opposite direction......when the stalks get dry that don't work every time......bahaia is tough.....I wish they made weedeater string out of it

We double cut the meds too. When you are cutting acres of the mess that gets time consuming.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it faster to double cut or to half your normal walk speed?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think it's faster to double cut.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a lot of bahia grass up here just curious. I have tuff clover that gets pushed down then fluffed up with the mud flap. I use to double cut the property I did took 35 mins to do everything including double cut. Took 29 mins walking slower. However double cutting does feel faster. But bahia grass might be different

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a lot of bahia grass up here just curious. I have tuff clover that gets pushed down then fluffed up with the mud flap. I use to double cut the property I did took 35 mins to do everything including double cut. Took 29 mins walking slower. However double cutting does feel faster. But bahia grass might be different

We sometimes cut acres of the mess. It strings bad. We have not had time to do it but our Kubota dealer claims that we can set the front end of the deck 1/4" below level and that is the optimum adjustment to cut Bahia grass.