Bahia Grass

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We cut the same yard again today. Cut it early in the day. Put on sharp blades before we stared. This time we were under an hour. Had to slow down a good bit butatleast it did not string and looked nice without having to double cut anything.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I've got a customer with a small yard they have some Bahia grass. It's just in random place and strings every time we cut. It's a nicer place and when it was built a few years ago they had a nice bluegrass yard. They've hired Scott's to treat it and it looks rough, we'll be doing it next year.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I understand time is money.

I guess I am just a rare breed I still put quality before quantity.

If I have to slow down or double cut to make it up to my standards then that what I do.

I guess if your foolish enough to pay your help by the hour then you have to put quality second.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understand time is money.

I guess I am just a rare breed I still put quality before quantity.

If I have to slow down or double cut to make it up to my standards then that what I do.

I guess if your foolish enough to pay your help by the hour then you have to put quality second.

Well I believe in quality as well. Cutting 2 1/2 ares at a low price to start with can't take all day. I like to cut grass and in business to cut grass. However if I can't show a profit then I might as well go do something else. I pay my help on commission. However I can't go in the hole cutting grass and I can't expect my helper to work for nothing either.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I believe in quality as well. Cutting 2 1/2 ares at a low price to start with can't take all day. I like to cut grass and in business to cut grass. However if I can't show a profit then I might as well go do something else. I pay my help on commission. However I can't go in the hole cutting grass and I can't expect my helper to work for nothing either.

If this yard is not showing a profit why keep doing it ? Do they not let you cut it every week so it's not to tall?
I know we all have that one yard that we just don't make money on every time but it comes a time to just let it go.

I pay my help a flat rate per week up to 60 hours
Anything over 60 they get extra

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If this yard is not showing a profit why keep doing it ? Do they not let you cut it every week so it's not to tall?
I know we all have that one yard that we just don't make money on every time but it comes a time to just let it go.

I pay my help a flat rate per week up to 60 hours
Anything over 60 they get extra

In South Alabama most yards have some if not large quantities of Bahia grass. This
particulate yard we are talking about we do cut once a week although many we cut every two weeks. To be honest I can't think of a yard we cut that does to have some Bahia in it.

edd

Threads
i am in southeast alabama and i understand fully well about the bahaia.....just have to use sharp blades and deal with it....no way around it down here

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
i am in southeast alabama and i understand fully well about the bahaia.....just have to use sharp blades and deal with it....no way around it down here

Seems like a hi vac mower with high blade speed would be the key