Export thread

bagger for fabricated decks

R

RJL1

I took delivery of a YT48XLS yesterday and was informed by my dealer we ordered the wrong bagging system. I need the one with an internal blower motor at over double the price. I went on the Husqvarna site and noticed it only received 1.6 stars out of 5 in the review section but I couldn't read the reviews. Anyone here have this particular bagger or know anything about it?

Thanks

Bob

A

Alaguy

Check the reviews at mowersdirect, some good , some not so good. It sounds like it fits 2 decks, a 42 & a 48 inch, for that kind of money, I would want it to fit my deck. I know a 42 inch has a different circumference than a 48, I wouldn't want to "trim" the shroud , then it belongs to you, for $840, it ought to fit right out of the box, good luck.

R

RJL1

Well I didn't want to have to deal with the low reviews and the crazy price of the three bag system for this machine so I called my dealer and they took it back and dropped off the YTH24V48 model. The triple bagger should arrive in a week or so. I know I'm stepping down a bit in the engine department and no limited slip rear. Oh well, I can deal. The machine that just arrived looks to be well built and the only thing I'm gonna add is a front bumper of some type. Can't wait to try it out.

I

ingigo

You should have plenty of engine HP if you make sure to not let the grass get too long. Did either of the mowers have a fabricated deck with two pulleys on the right side? one the lower with the blade belt and no belt on the upper one? I was told it was for some turbo bagger option, but it just prevents me from raising my deck all the way. The engineers "missed" that they said.

R

RJL1

I had the same machine you have. You need the big dog grass catcher that needs to run off of the mower deck belts. There's a fan that attatches to the discharge shute and is supposed to create more of a suction to pull the grass from under the fabricated deck that you have. If you look under your deck there are alot of baffles and such. I read a lot of reviews saying the performance of the nearly $1000.00 bagging system leaves alot to be desired. Google it, you'll see what I'm talikng about.

I

ingigo

I do not bag, but either way, it is a PITA. Love those engineers. IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR and I am getting a bit, agitated. I may save for a plane ticket to Sweden.

I need to think of something to attach to that extra pulley, like a small generator.

G

gchalifoux

Need advice on YT48xls deck and bagging system. I have been using this tractor at our church now for a few years and realized that (A) can't bring the deck up high enough due to that monster power blower/bagging system attached to what I assume is the "FAB DECK" ??
I want to go to a standard deck and bagging system for many reasons, but mostly because this thing is scalping the crap out of my lawn.
So I am googling for a replacement standard deck for this beast.....
If anyone can assist with a source and or part# I'd certainly appreciate it!!!!
thanks/Gary

G

gchalifoux

Just spoke to a local Husqvarna dealer. He states that the fab deck can not be replaced with a stamped deck. Something about pulleys and fitment issues etc. So my only choice is to figure out what is causing this thing to sit completely lopsided towards the turbo blowers/discharge side of the unit. Also states I should be able to adjust/lift the deck all the way up if in fact this ting was installed properly.
The only other thing I can come up with is....did someone (LIKE LOWES) managed to incorrectly install a fab deck on a tractor that is not designed for it!!!!!
ANYONE?? input welcome....
thanks