bad rings ?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
the first problem is fuel supply. The second can be the breather is plugged but it can also be too much oil in the engine, or someone laid it on its side and oil got past the rings and is now pumping out. If you are running it for a long time on a can of ether than can mess with things too.

dana a

Threads
the first problem is fuel supply. The second can be the breather is plugged but it can also be too much oil in the engine, or someone laid it on its side and oil got past the rings and is now pumping out. If you are running it for a long time on a can of ether than can mess with things too.
Actually the oil is blowing out the tube coming from the breather so it's not plugged and I had the engine apart and put a new piston and rings in it . The oil level was correct and probably a little low as it has been blowing it out. Would you go into a little more detail about how the fuel supply will cause it to puke out oil?

dana a

Threads
I took the crakshaft seals out and then slid them over the caranksahft and they were very loose so they probably were allowing air to be sucked in on the up stroke. I put new seals in and that stopped the engine from puking oil out the vent pipe.