Export thread

Bad frame

S

slickstick260

I have a 265 johndeere lawn&garden tractor about a 1991 model. The front frame section is broke. I am wording what frames will work under it.Thanks for the info.

Boobala

Boobala

I have a 265 johndeere lawn&garden tractor about a 1991 model. The front frame section is broke. I am wording what frames will work under it.Thanks for the info.

Well Slick, you're shy some information here ! Are you planning to replace the "frame" and re-install ALL your components onto to the "new" frame, maybe you're thinking of welding a new section of frame on, please clarify, also, the IMPORTANT info is lacking, see example and provide as much info about your machine as possible, ( JD 265 is just your SERIES ) a few pics would help a great deal also. Finally, what is your plan thus far. Please help US to help YOU !!

GET INFO.JPG

S

slickstick260

Well Slick, you're shy some information here ! Are you planning to replace the "frame" and re-install ALL your components onto to the "new" frame, maybe you're thinking of welding a new section of frame on, please clarify, also, the IMPORTANT info is lacking, see example and provide as much info about your machine as possible, ( JD 265 is just your SERIES ) a few pics would help a great deal also. Finally, what is your plan thus far. Please help US to help YOU !!

View attachment 35343
Well i plain to re install all the old components on the new frame.

Boobala

Boobala

OK Slick I found this much so far, it looks to me like you can use a frame from any years from 1987 up to a 1994, ( NO guarantee) I'm not familiar with JD Mowers. check this info over to see if it's the same as yours, I would suggest you search any local mower junk-yards and look on craigs-list for a mower with a blown engine or trans. ( provided yours is good) or selling for parts, maybe even a local mower shop might have something,

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/0/2/29-john-deere-265.html

click on the various "boxes and items in "italics" for further info. .......... keep us up-dated Good Luck !! ..:thumbsup:

M

mjb8fj

i think the 240,262,265,275,285 were all the same frame. The 320 was close, but Im not sure about it.

B

bertsmobile1

Is this the bit that is broken ?
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt
If so depending upon where it is broken, a simple weld might save a lot of time & effort.
Engine out most welders should be able to do the job easily.

Acording to the JD parts web site ( always dangerous ) the - 240, 245, 260, 265, 285 & 320 Lawn and Garden Tractors all ran the same frame
The only difference appear to be the engine and tranny

S

slickstick260

Those all envoled with bad frame on the 265 johndere. Iwent ahead and weld the frame. I can,t find good frame so i weld it.Thanks for the info.