Bad Boy Mower Troubleshooting

rshawley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem with the blades not engaging on my Bad Boy ZT series mower. It simply quit engaging yesterday. I went to a dealer, was recommended a switch, changed it out, and it still does not work. I have checked all plugs, etc., and cannot seem to find the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...
BEFORE you change switches or other components, you should test what you have & see if it is in fact bad.
You will need a volt ohm meter ...
... check the clutch coil for continuity... then check the tractor wiring harness at the clutch, one wire from tractor harness Should be a short to ground, the other Should have 12 volts with key on and switch(s) on... :smile:KennyV

GWYoung

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem with the blades not engaging on my Bad Boy ZT series mower. It simply quit engaging yesterday. I went to a dealer, was recommended a switch, changed it out, and it still does not work. I have checked all plugs, etc., and cannot seem to find the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?

I am having same problem. Checked fuse. Good. Applied direct battery to clutch. It works. Any suggestions?

hillro

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you haven't found your problem yet check all of your terminals connections. The wire will look like it is okay until you move it and it will be broken from terminal.

Luffydog

Threads
There's a single fuse under the keyswitch or if you look under the fender they get corroded and look good but not check that out real good and replace the fuse think it's a 10amp.

Dspain

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...
BEFORE you change switches or other components, you should test what you have & see if it is in fact bad.
You will need a volt ohm meter ...
... check the clutch coil for continuity... then check the tractor wiring harness at the clutch, one wire from tractor harness Should be a short to ground, the other Should have 12 volts with key on and switch(s) on... :smile:KennyV
I am having the same problem,what did you find was your problem

Pat Gross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

The clutch drive may have quit working. With the key on but not running, pull the switch out and listen for it to click to engage. Observe if there is any movement present in the clutch.

mluker12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having same problem have checked everything can't find problem please advise