Export thread

back pack blower?

bigjay282

bigjay282

hey guys,im new here and just spent about 4 hours raking piles of pine cones and pine needles. i was at a local lawn and garden shop and was looking at the stihl br550 and 600 magnum back pack blowers. can anyone please tell me if this is the way to go besides using it for just leaves? thanks in advance..

M

mowerman05

I have a smaller stihl backpack blower that works great on pinecones not so much on the needles, rakes seem to work best for me. would love to find a easy way to remove pine needles

Ric

Ric

hey guys,im new here and just spent about 4 hours raking piles of pine cones and pine needles. i was at a local lawn and garden shop and was looking at the stihl br550 and 600 magnum back pack blowers. can anyone please tell me if this is the way to go besides using it for just leaves? thanks in advance..

I use the BR 550 for most everything, works great for leaves, clearing sidewalks and drives. It will accomplish most everything you need to have done and it's somewhat cheaper than the 600. Remember when you purchase your blower don't be fooled and buy it according to its MPH. MPH doesn't move debris, air volume does (CFM) Cubic feet per minute, it's the measure of the blowers air movement and performance.

bigjay282

bigjay282

thanks for the info guys. i just picked up the br 600,cant wait to use it,gotta figure out how to load pics.(is it cool to put up pics of our toys?)

bigjay282

bigjay282

well folks i finally put my new leaf blower (stihl br 600) to use and that thing is an animal,it pushed leaves,twigs and branches around with ease.i was done rather quick and i found the back pack to be comfortable but a little loud

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

well folks i finally put my new leaf blower (stihl br 600) to use and that thing is an animal,it pushed leaves,twigs and branches around with ease.i was done rather quick and i found the back pack to be comfortable but a little loud

I'm glad you like it! We want pictures! :wink:

jekjr

jekjr

I have a smaller stihl backpack blower that works great on pinecones not so much on the needles, rakes seem to work best for me. would love to find a easy way to remove pine needles

Rake it and bale it. It brings a premium price to use in beds. I have a rake I built from scratch that we mounted on the front of an old Craftsman lawn tractor it is 50" wide. It will push up a pickup load of straw in just a few minutes.

bigjay282

bigjay282

I'm glad you like it! We want pictures! :wink:

will do as soon as i figure it out,lol

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

will do as soon as i figure it out,lol

If you need help uploading pictures, watch this video: :smile:

bigjay282

bigjay282

thanks Fanatic here it goes IMG_1943.jpgIMG_1943.jpg

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

thanks Fanatic here it goes

Impressive! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

bigjay282

bigjay282

Impressive! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

thanks. im sure i will be picking up some more goodies (pruner,hedge clipper and maybe an edger):biggrin:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

thanks. im sure i will be picking up some more goodies (pruner,hedge clipper and maybe an edger):biggrin:

Yeah an edger would be nice for you to get! :thumbsup:

lawn-mower-fanatic-albums-my-equipment-picture10466-echo-pb-225-edger.jpg

(http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/membe...equipment-picture10466-echo-pb-225-edger.html)

bigjay282

bigjay282

nice.thanks for the pic. not sure if i would really need an edger,but im new to this what do you think of adding an edger?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

nice.thanks for the pic. not sure if i would really need an edger,but im new to this what do you think of adding an edger?

I think it would be a good investment. It really comes in handy sometimes! :thumbsup:

bigjay282

bigjay282

I think it would be a good investment. It really comes in handy sometimes! :thumbsup:

im gonna pick one up. please dont laugh but when and where would i use an edger?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

im gonna pick one up. please dont laugh but when and where would i use an edger?

You can use an edger to create a clean line between the grass and your driveway, the grass and the road, and along flowerbeds...just to name a few places. Look at the following thread for tips on edging: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/echo-forum/12983-tips-using-stick-edgers.html :smile:

bigjay282

bigjay282

You can use an edger to create a clean line between the grass and your driveway, the grass and the road, and along flowerbeds...just to name a few places. Look at the following thread for tips on edging: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/echo-forum/12983-tips-using-stick-edgers.html :smile:

thanks,appreciate the info. gonna check out that thread

Bomba

Bomba

I bought a BR600 about 6 months ago. It moves leaves and pine needles like a blanket once u get to know how to use it effectively. It is extremely powerful and not at all loud. Also just bought an FS 110 R trimmer from Stihl and it has the same qualities. Unbelievable!

Bomba

Bomba

image-1216851117.jpg

I love this thing.

Bomba

Bomba

image-4104555898.jpg

And this thing......

Bomba

Bomba

image-3845291319.jpg

And this thing

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Nice Stihl equipment! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigjay282

bigjay282

Bomba

Bomba

Thx guys. I've never used pro grade equipment until last year. The difference is huge! The FS 110 R is a beast! And so comfortable to use. I have lots of fence and trees so it was an overdue purchase.

bigjay282

bigjay282

Thx guys. I've never used pro grade equipment until last year. The difference is huge! The FS 110 R is a beast! And so comfortable to use. I have lots of fence and trees so it was an overdue purchase.

i love my br 600,the thing is an animal. i like my fs 90 r also, very comfortable to use and light in my opinion