Export thread

Asking for Advice thoughts

R

Rick Ohio

Homeowner here. Mowing about 4.5 acres. sort of rough/bumpy. a lot to maneuver around, Been mowing many years with a Woods 6 ft finish behind a CI diesel tractor.
Still am, so no big hurry. the woods deck has had it. Old, beat up , , so, been considering a zero turn of some sort.. Can't afford a new. Been watching reading.
Front mount vs. mid? room on a trailer is not an issue, as not a pro and not loading up and unloading .
A local dealer here has a good assortment. they are a farm implement dealer as well, not just lawn stuff. Many different brands. there is a 73 inch diesel snapper front mount . How do they compare to some that you guys on here often discuss? I realize that they may not be as heavy duty . I would guess that I would be putting maybe 100-120 hrs a year on it. Maybe less, if it mows faster than what I am using now.
they also have a GH 725 diesel., but asking way more.

thanks, for any advice.

M

MParr

If I were in your position, I would buy a new finish mower. Land Pride makes some really good ones.

B

bertsmobile1

If the terrain is rough, make sure the ZTR has a seat switch delay or every time you bounce in the seat either the blades or engine will shut off .
After that I will leave it to others although I am rather fond of flail mowers and out front ones are really good for manouvering as you can ( sort of ) see the mower from the seat depending upon how high the hood is .

Charlie8d

Charlie8d

My back could not handle cutting that much grass on a rough yard with a zero-steer ! Maybe one with a suspension might help.