Ariens XD 52 hydro leak x 2

Cb83

Threads
For 2 years in a row now, I have had a slow leak on the transaxle. The service people said it was the seal where the parking brake locks them. I'm not sure if it war the same side or different, as I must not have taken a picture last year and they didn't give me any receipt since it's under warranty. When I asked him about it last year he said it was super rare and he hasn't seen it much. This year he's said he's had a few other go bad and leak. Anyone have this issue? I've had to spend almost 100 bucks renting a trailer 2x now and gas taking it to get serviced. Not to mention the 50 bucks x 2 I had to pay for someone else to mow.

SmokinAl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I came on here today to post a question about mine leaking and saw your post.
I have a ZTX42 with the ZT2100/2200 EZT HydroGear...53 hrs on it and the RR is leaking.

Cb83

Threads
I hope it doesn't happen again next year.. 2x is too much.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I hope it doesn't happen again next year.. 2x is too much.
They do leak sometimes. I mean hydro pumps, and hydrostatic transaxles in general. It will cost you hundreds of dollars to get leak fixed. Have to pull unit and put in rebuild kit, unless you can pinpoint leak and mana to fix it while still on mower.

Cb83

Threads
They do leak sometimes. I mean hydro pumps, and hydrostatic transaxles in general. It will cost you hundreds of dollars to get leak fixed. Have to pull unit and put in rebuild kit, unless you can pinpoint leak and mana to fix it while still on mower.
Apparently it's a small hydro seal that they do not have to pull whole unit out for. I guess I should be happy about that...