Are there cheaper alternatives to HRC216 wheels? Like maybe the front wheels for a HRX217?

markknoxsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Are there cheaper alternatives to HRC216 wheels? Like maybe the front wheels for a HRX217?
I know the hrx has a gear drive at the wheels and the hrc does not but just looking at them they look very similar. If the hrx wheel would just fit on the shaft of the hrc then I could save a lot of money. Any help or insight would be greatly a

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Are there cheaper alternatives to HRC216 wheels? Like maybe the front wheels for a HRX217?
Many of the aftermarket parts companies make Honda wheels
Some have a center bolt, some have an E clip & others just a speed clip.
If you are willing to do some stuffing around you can et them to fit models that they were not designed to fit.
Weather it is effective use of your time is another matter all together.
On the ones with a push clip I pull the lipped bearing out of the wheel that fits on the center bolt axels then replace it with an unlipped Toro bearing then there is enough space to force the spring clip back on the axel.
Othere get tossed in the lathe and 1/16" is turned off the hub

As for which one is what, no help here as we get different models down here.

upupandaway

Threads
What is your definition of "expensive"?
Ebay has the wheel for $29.
I have a few honda wheels laying around but even shipping would probably be around $20.
Also, honda wheels you can replace the tread only if that saves u anything...

markknoxsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
the hrc wheel that I found on ebay ranged from $40-60 so I'd say that is expensive compared to the hrx front wheel which is around $10-12. I could buy 4 of those for the price of 1 hrc wheel. I might just take a gamble... I mean they "look the same" lol
Thanks for your replies!

dfbrown

Threads
the hrc wheel that I found on ebay ranged from $40-60 so I'd say that is expensive compared to the hrx front wheel which is around $10-12. I could buy 4 of those for the price of 1 hrc wheel. I might just take a gamble... I mean they "look the same" lol
Thanks for your replies!
Keep in mind a hrc216 is literally twice the machine of a hrx217. parts are definitely more expensive on hrc216 but a much better built machine. Carbs, coils, wheels, air filter, etc are like 2x more expensive. Both excellent machines. i personally would not take the gamble using hrx parts on a hrc. Doubt they fit. I have many Honda’s. Your gonna have to shop around and just pony up for the oem Honda wheels. Very high quality parts. Look on partstree or partspak. eBay is not always cheapest. Good luck.

markknoxsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Keep in mind a hrc216 is literally twice the machine of a hrx217. parts are definitely more expensive on hrc216 but a much better built machine. Carbs, coils, wheels, air filter, etc are like 2x more expensive. Both excellent machines. i personally would not take the gamble using hrx parts on a hrc. Doubt they fit. I have many Honda’s. Your gonna have to shop around and just pony up for the oem Honda wheels. Very high quality parts. Look on partstree or partspak. eBay is not always cheapest. Good luck.
The hrc is literally heavier than the hrx!! You are right though, the wheels won't interchange. They sell them at my home depot and I took the height adjuster from the hrc with me to see if the hrx wheel would fit on the shaft and of course it didn't. I should have known... just wishful thinking on my part. I've been looking on ebay and amazon. I'll probably get a new tire, maybe even pony up for a whole set of tires lol I definitely will we reading the how to thread on changing the tires! Thanks for the replies!!

dfbrown

Threads
The hrc is literally heavier than the hrx!! You are right though, the wheels won't interchange. They sell them at my home depot and I took the height adjuster from the hrc with me to see if the hrx wheel would fit on the shaft and of course it didn't. I should have known... just wishful thinking on my part. I've been looking on ebay and amazon. I'll probably get a new tire, maybe even pony up for a whole set of tires lol I definitely will we reading the how to thread on changing the tires! Thanks for the replies!!
Look at parts tree or partspak for good pricing. Even boats.net

markknoxsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey! I thought I'd give an update. I found a set of 4 tires on ebay for $50 so I thought that was as good a deal as I could get. So far I've replaced the 2 front tires and I ain't gonna lie it wasn't easy! I watched a few youtube videos and I wrestled with the first one for a couple hours. Once I got it on the other one wasn't too bad. Letting them sit in the sun for a while and using 2 c-clamps and 2 long screwdrivers seemed to be the way to go.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They do interchange but you have to do some fiddleing , replaceing bearings with std ( Toro) wheel bearings and on some I have to trim a little off the hub.
I can only get 2 types of aftermarket Honda wheels down here but I have managed to make them fit all modles