Export thread

anyone with a running Kohler cv22s?

J

Jammer48

I replaced the head gaskets on this motor and now I can't figure out the governor spring set up. It runs but the springs are not correct. I can't find a diagram of the spring placements. Could someone post a pic of the setup please... Thanks in advance. Help this is my second post. I have contacted Kohler but they have not responded.

StarTech

StarTech

what is the spec number?

J

Jammer48

StarTech

StarTech

1628798223576.png

8mm governor shaft version
1628798570121.png
or just in case you had engine before serial 3004604141 here is the 6mm version.
1628798984828.png

J

Jammer48

I have attached photos of the front and the rear of the governor linkage assemble I believe there are two springs with this model . This first picture has two circles. This view is with the governor assembly removed and looking from the inside of the assembly. One in red and One in blue. I know that the end of the spring in red goes to the bottom of the governor arm connect to the motor. I am not certain that the blue connection is accurate. There was another smaller spring connected about 4 inches just to the left of the red circle it appears as a tab with a hole in it where the smaller spring attached one end.

The second picture is view looking directly at the front of the assembly which has been removed so that I could review the read of the assembly.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

The governor spring does not connect to a fixed point. It need to be attached the moving lever on the control bracket.

IF I remember correctly the main governor spring goes where the star is drawn. I currently don't have a Kohler v-twin on the yard so I can't look at one here. I believe where got the blue end currently is where a governor idle spring goes if you engine had one. I also think you got the spring backwards.
1628813187884.png

J

Jammer48

The governor spring does not connect to a fixed point. It need to be attached the moving lever on the control bracket.

IF I remember correctly the main governor spring goes where the star is drawn. I currently don't have a Kohler v-twin on the yard so I can't look at one here. I believe where got the blue end currently is where a governor idle spring goes if you engine had one. I also think you got the spring backwards.
View attachment 57915
ok thanks I will try that in the morning. See what happens..

J

Jammer48

Star Tech you are a saint. She runs perfect now. Thank you so much.