Any one trying to do a seat upgrade on a 2020 ZTR?

MO RAM FAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm trying to install an aftermarket seat on my new 2020 zt1-42. I've done a lot of searching for an operators presence switch, and I'm having no luck at all. I think delta electronics makes the switches for cub cadets but evidently they don't make a
suitable replacement for my seat. Most all new mowers have a 2 1-2 inch hole in the bottom of the seat and my new seat has that hole. I'm interested to see if anyone here might have attemp

MO RAM FAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
After much research, I think I have found the answer to my problem, (I hope). For 2020 the factory has changed the seat switch. I had to go all the way to cub cadet customer assistance who ended up transferring me to their
technical department. When I spoke to them and told them my problem, he asked me "is the switch grey or black?" I told him on the mower's original seat, it's black. That is it, you need a black switch #725-14006
not the 925-05013 which is the one shown in dealer's parts lookup. If any body else should attempt this swap, I hope this info helps.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What are you looking for? Leather with heated massage and cup holders?

slomo

MO RAM FAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any one trying to do a seat upgrade on a 2020 ZTR?
Ever sat on a vinyl seat for 3 hours in 90 degree heat? Cordura covered seat is a lot cooler and the seat I have is better padded and adjustable.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ever sat on a vinyl seat for 3 hours in 90 degree heat? Cordura covered seat is a lot cooler and the seat I have is better padded and adjustable.
Most all are made from vinyl or a like material. Never had one heat up on me yet.

slomo

MO RAM FAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
You obviously don't sweat much. It's dry and dusty here, and I don't like getting covered in dirt. The seat I'm using is a very tough material, nothing vinyl about it.