Any Idea How to Clean this Jet on Walbro LM series Carburetors?

rebeltaz

Threads
  • / Any Idea How to Clean this Jet on Walbro LM series Carburetors?
Just center drill (using a carbide bit) the steel and extract it. Of course the next steel ball will need to used to replace it. I have done several on the horizonal engine tank mounted carburetor where the tower become clogged with rust.
Good Lord. I have hard enough time trying to center a drill bit on a flat surface, much less a round ball! lol... I'll try it, though. Thanks!

shadetree#1

Threads
Maybe take a dremel tool and put a divet or grind a flat spot.

Probably have to go really slow with a sharp bit so as to not grab and spin the ball. I would rig a drill stop on the press or the bit. Might not have to drill all the way through the ball???????????
Might have to lever it out though if not some relief on the a side after drilling.

Might use an old LM body as a depth gauge setting????
Post up a picture of your mutilated ruined LM carb body?

rebeltaz

Threads
Maybe take a dremel tool and put a divet or grind a flat spot.

Probably have to go really slow with a sharp bit so as to not grab and spin the ball. I would rig a drill stop on the press or the bit. Might not have to drill all the way through the ball???????????
Might have to lever it out though if not some relief on the a side after drilling.

Might use an old LM body as a depth gauge setting????
Post up a picture of your mutilated ruined LM carb body?
I posted this - https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/thre...albro-lm-series-carburetors.71610/post-447161 but would you like a less close up?

shadetree#1

Threads

rebeltaz

Threads
Did not realize that pic view was from the outside where the ball was removed because I seen other holes exposed. Is that the whole side or the carb at the ball area ground off of the drilled/cast channel or ?????
lol.. here's a not so close-up view

20221202_172353.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That not even the same carburetor as the OP posted a picture of Primer version and the one he is discussing is a choke version. We need to be looking and comparing apples to apples and not oranges to apples. Now if the OP can post the part number of the one in the last picture then some can do a little research on our end.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That not even carburetor as the OP posted a picture of Primer version and the one he is discussing is a choke version. We need to be looking and comparing apples to apples and not oranges to apples. Now if the OP can post the part number of the one in the last picture then some can do a little research on our end.
Definitely need more information. That style of carb was available in primer and choke versions and with and without idle circuit. throw in the fixed versus the adjustable carbs in the mix. And can't forget the universal carb that was manufactured to be either a primer or choke carb.

rebeltaz

Threads
That not even the same carburetor as the OP posted a picture of Primer version and the one he is discussing is a choke version. We need to be looking and comparing apples to apples and not oranges to apples. Now if the OP can post the part number of the one in the last picture then some can do a little research on our end.
Definitely need more information. That style of carb was available in primer and choke versions and with and without idle circuit. throw in the fixed versus the adjustable carbs in the mix. And can't forget the universal carb that was manufactured to be either a primer or choke carb.
OK... I'm sorry for the confusion. I am the OP and I posted all of the pictures. The carburetors I am having trouble with are BOTH styles. The picture I posted last is just the one that I actually removed the ball from.

The part number for this carburetor is 591925

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay then this carburetor has an idle speed jet that mixture the air bleed with fuel for idle mixture. This would nearly impossible to clean something solid in from the nozzle tube. What you see is probably the out flow side. The nozzle itself is press in and not removable.
1670091446429.png

Also this carburetor is use only on five models.
1670092192618.png