ANY ADVICE ON A DECENT BUT NOT TOP OF THE LINE AND PRICEY ULTRASONIC CLEANER??

We've been experimenting. The powder that comes with it works good but is $$$. Tried CLR, questionable, sometimes good, sometime OK. Now trying Simple Green, but I've been laid off for two months, don't know how it's working.

I'm not sure, but doesn't CLR attack aluminum? I know it has a very high PH. Even some commercial degreasers, if left on too long, will turn aluminum black.
 
I'm not sure, but doesn't CLR attack aluminum? I know it has a very high PH. Even some commercial degreasers, if left on too long, will turn aluminum black.

Is it black oxide? We know al is self preserving . Maybe you have discovered a diy coating!!
 
I ended up getting the one from Harbor Freight for 74.99.......... Cleaned 3 carbs and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
 
Stop at the shop this morning to see if I can get back to work soon. Guess I got another two weeks vacation. Asked how the Simple Green was working in the cleaner and was told that it was we are going to use. Works great and very easy cleanup.
 
Back
Top