Another GOOD TECH, left and is off the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mower King

Threads
I see another GOOD TECH has left the forum, StarTech is gone..... looks like only 1 other Tech on the forum has the info he did and will post that info!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
???

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not completely gone yet but I am going to be very, very limited in what I post from now on until I break the habit of visiting the forum. For foreseeable future I will still data harvest the forum. Posting habits can be hard to break as I like helping but I am trying to be out of here by Nov 1. There were several post today that I started to post to but decide just keep quite. I had several months ago bar myself from sending info that was needed but needed to be on the QT via pm and emails. Matter of fact I completely disable that section of my profile.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, what a loss that will be. StarTech was and is a super valuable addition to this family. Hope he stays around for our sakes. Guy always had great tips and suggestions on MANY a topic here. Super smart guy for sure.

Stick around Star........

Mower King

Threads
Not completely gone yet but I am going to be very, very limited in what I post from now on until I break the habit of visiting the forum. For foreseeable future I will still data harvest the forum. Posting habits can be hard to break as I like helping but I am trying to be out of here by Nov 1. There were several post today that I started to post to but decide just keep quite. I had several months ago bar myself from sending info that was needed but needed to be on the QT via pm and emails. Matter of fact I completely disable that section of my profile.
I understand COMPLETLEY! I still monitor this forum daily but, quit giving advice (that took years of schooling and decades of experience to learn) about a year ago....for a lot of the same reasons as yourself, and a couple more!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I for one will miss Star when he decides to go, particularly as he posts a lot of stuff I have no access to as an independent tech.
Forums are funny things
I came here to learn and do so on a daily basis.
Down here we are about 3 years behind the USA for model releases , JD excepted so by the time I see anew model, you lot have shown me what I need to be looking for .
I treat every post ( except Lawn Boys ) as if it just came through my gate , and do a diagnosis mentally before I decide if I will post and that usually depends who else has posted before hand.
Coming from a dirt poor family is a substantial blessing as I have been put down by the beast so nothing posted here has the slightest chance of offending me.
If some one wants to ignore what has been posted then I simply stop and wait to see if I got it right in the first place, after all I am not the one with the problem equipment
You may have noticed me reply once or twice then vanish off a thread .
Being formally trained in the sciences is also a big help because we are taught that any one can be wrong and there is no problem being corrected ( although I do like to be proven wrong ) just so long as you then modify your opinions so you then become right.
If you don't lear then there is no point in being alive and there is no point or benefit in learning tosh .

OldDiyer

Threads
OK so can someone tell me why Star Tech has decided to leave this forum ? I've only been on here a short time but found that Star Tech was and is a big help to many posters looking for help including me. If we can't keep people with good information what happens than? Guess than were back to just putting on parts till we get it right. I believe I would sooner get some help from someone that knows these machines or at least put me in the right direction.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
because there are a lot of clots with Face Book mentality who believe the entire universe revolves around themselves and they are entitled, no compelled to be spiteful, nasty & abusive .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my time on this forum and others I’ve found that if you are a service tech you need to have very tight skin. Too many times DYI guys come here and because they had a similar problem once, and fixed it, that is the best solution. They fail to read the entire thread and try to come off as “I know what I’m talking about”. When you call them out, they or other DIY guy doesn’t like it. Star and I have had our disagreements, but I respect his knowledge and have learned from him, but that doesn’t mean we are going to sit down and have a beer together. We just agree to disagree and move on.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hate to see any knowledgeable Tech members leave. But I can understand the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.