SalisburySenior
Forum Newbie
Is there any reason to not use the mower (John Deere Z850A) for uses other than mowing? I plan to tow a DR Power Grader behind the mower to maintain a half-mile gravel road. Are there any reasons not to do this?
Benski -
Thanks for your reply. Your suggestions are noted. Yes, it is a dusty job in dry weather, so I try to do it just after a rain. Not only is it better for the mower, it is also better for the person on the mower plus it keeps the neighbors happier. One of my main concerns is overstressing the hydrostatic drives and causing premature failure. Although there is a hitch attachment on the back of the mower, I didn't see any specs on maximum pulling weight in the literature.
Is there any reason to not use the mower (John Deere Z850A) for uses other than mowing? I plan to tow a DR Power Grader behind the mower to maintain a half-mile gravel road. Are there any reasons not to do this?
JDgreen -
Thank you for your reply. I've been quite pleased with the preformance of the JD Z850A for both mowing and road maintenance. I also have a somewhat smaller (26 hp Sears lawn tractor) mower, but it wasn't up to the job of climbing the hills while mowing or pulling the power grader on the road. It's now used mainly to pull a 10 cu ft cart around with yard tools and to transport debris.