Adjusting drive belt on HRR216 S3DA 21"?

gossamer

Threads
Hi, I have a Honda HRR216 S3DA 21" that I picked up at the curb. I replaced the carb and it's now running great. However, the mower won't move. If I lift the back wheels above the ground, they do spin when the self-propelled bar is engaged, but not enough power to go forward on its own. I took the cover off the drive belt underneath the mower, and the drive cable and belt both look okay. Before I spend $20 to replace the belt to see if that's the problem, is there something I'm missing? What more can I do to troubleshoot this?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
See if the upper end near the throttle is adjustable. Can't tell from the parts list but should be some sorta clamp there.

gossamer

Threads
Hi, yes, I should have been more clear. It looks to be fixed. The tension doesn't look to be adjustable. There's also already quite a bit of travel with the cable that I feel like it should be engaged fully.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then probably the drive belt is worn then and it doesn't take much on those diameter belts. THis why you need to buy the Honda belt as other maybe too short or too long to start with.

gossamer

Threads
Thank you - I'll order a new one.