Adding snorkel?

Pumper54

Threads
Dang it, can't seem to get the picture to show unless it is like that. Grrrrr

Tropical Storm Bill.jpg

Jack17

Threads
I've never had to replace an air filter because it was clogged up with dirt and dust. I normally blow them out with compressed air once every two months or so and I can see some "stuff" coming out but nothing that would render them garbage. On a snow blower there isn't any...just a heater box...no air filter and never a problem. My blower (with HS50 engine) was made in '78 and runs like a champ...BTW.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can say with confidence. I clean out my air filters bi-weekly. And so much dirt, dust, grass clippings, weed seeds, etc is in there that it's a noticeable difference in performance .. mower gets run 9hrs a day 5 days a week

Pumper54

Threads
Carb close up.jpgFilter close up.jpgSide view snorkle.jpgRigged up a snorkel for my "home maid brush mower" to try to keep it from getting clogged up and I will say it worked like a charm. I used a filter adapter from a bad carb and a three foot long piece of plastic electrical flex tubing. A couple of pieces of PVC pipe I had floating around and it was done.
Used it the past few days while clearing tall weeds and lite brush around the farm.

Filter close up.jpgSide view snorkle.jpgCarb close up.jpg

Last edited: