Adding Power Steering to a Cub

ctrlboss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Before I call a dealer, looking for some advice.

My mother bought a Cub last year new. I believe it has a twin cylindar 22 HP(guess) and 42 in deck, it is an LTX series. Nice little lawn mower, unfortunately, she has a bad shoulder, so steering is taking away the one outdoor hobby she loves (has limited mobility.)

To keep her cutting her own lawn, I believe power steering would help her. I know the current lawn tractors have that as an option.

Does anyone have experience with the power steering?
How long has Cub been offerring power steering?
Can it be added to mower?
Any ideas on cost to add?

Deerlane

Threads
I went to cub cadet school at MTD,s compound on power steering units in 2012. There is much more electronics and mechanical stuff with power steering EPS. My self, I would not want. To Many things to go wrong. I have replaced 4 because they stop working or never worked from out of box. EPS is run by a computer in it's self. You can not jump start (power spike) or a hit the steering wheel will with like a sharp blow as it will kill the EPS unit. Low battery they won't work. You can not repair, you just replace ( EPS unit is over 500 and it's not easy to replace). There is many out there that are just fine, but they are new. Will they last 1000 hours or more, Time will tell.