Export thread

Adding a 1/4" hose nipple to a plastic dipstick tube

C

cbs123

Strange question, I know. But I have a new engine that came without the optional pulse fuel pump. It's a Loncin 17 hp, and I'm having a hard time sourcing the correct dipstick tube with the nipple made into it. (how the OEM Loncin motors come with the fuel pump) I could possibly drill a hole into the valve cover and attach a nipple there, but since parts are hard to get for these motors, I thought modifying the dipstick tube might be a safer bet.

Basically trying to find a good place to put a nipple on the engine to run the pulse fuel pump. I thought of those replacement tire valves with the rubber expansion piece on the end. basically stick them in a hole and twist a nut to expand the seal.

A long shot, I know, but throwing out a hope and a prayer.

E

Evil Spirit

Other brand engines also use the dipstick tube to provide the pulse, but I'm not familiar which ones may interchange.

Many of the clone engines simply put a hole in the valve cover and put a hose in it. Crude, but it does work. The couple times I needed to do this, I drilled a hole in the middle of the side of the valve cover, inserted a grommet, and put the hose through it. You can also use a bulkhead or weld a nipple to the cover - just make sure that whatever you do is placed so it doesn't interfere with the valves or rocker arms.

C

cbs123

Other brand engines also use the dipstick tube to provide the pulse, but I'm not familiar which ones may interchange.

Many of the clone engines simply put a hole in the valve cover and put a hose in it. Crude, but it does work. The couple times I needed to do this, I drilled a hole in the middle of the side of the valve cover, inserted a grommet, and put the hose through it. You can also use a bulkhead or weld a nipple to the cover - just make sure that whatever you do is placed so it doesn't interfere with the valves or rocker arms.
Ended up drilling a hole slightly smaller than 1/4" fuel line in the valve cover, crammed the hose in there, and is working nicely. Was a little nervous about drilling the cast aluminum valve cover, but it worked out fine. Thanks