A new member of my Li-Ion battery cordless lawn mower family

I've made modifications to address some problems. The mower has no rock guard at the rear, so I made one with rubber packing material and attached with pop rivets. The mower was constantly switching off, so I removed the start switch and bail bar assembly, and replaced it with a two position automotive rocker switch. This mower won't be used until this fall, when it will be used for leaf vacuming.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 11
Kaput ! This mower has been nothing but trouble from the beginning, and has finally broken to the point of being unfixable. The rear wheel axle was spot welded to the wheel plate, and broke so the left wheel has fallen off and the right wheel can’t be raised. The mower was running intermittently anyway, so I just placed it on the curb and a few minutes later one of the neighborhood junk collecters hauled it away. I’m now using my 5-1/2 year old 16” Greenworks 40 volt Li-Ion mower to vacuum and bag leaves, which it does very well w/o any drama. An additional benefit is that I’ve freed up some valuable space on my garage floor. :smile:
 
Back
Top