Export thread

7 acres to bid

BHLC

BHLC

Does anyone cut anything around 7 acres?

jekjr

jekjr

Does anyone cut anything around 7 acres?

Nope but if it was around close and I got the opportunity I sure would like to.

BHLC

BHLC

I have to provide a bid on one this size for mowing and plowing. My largest current customer has 2 acres. I'm trying to be as competitive as possible.

BHLC

BHLC

The mowing is 7 acres and the plowing is 1 acre

BHLC

BHLC

This is it

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This is it

WOW! That's huge! :shocked:

BHLC

BHLC

Just gotta get it! They have not been real happy with the last guy.

A

ACDDURHAM

I do a ten acre lot every month and I charge $80.00 per acre. I use a walco douglas 6 foot finishing mower and it takes about 4 hours to finish. So it comes out to $200.00/hr. Not bad money. What are you using to do the mowing?

John

BHLC

BHLC

61" Ferris ZTR and a 52" Exmark walk behind.

A

ACDDURHAM

An associate of mine does a high school field about 8.5 acres with 2 cub cadet ztr's and it takes him 3 hours. I don't know what he charges because it's by yearly bid for the contract including snow plowing and salting which I do not do. Here is a photo of the equipment I used to first cut the field and send it to you.

Attachments

wjjones

wjjones

The going rate around here is $45 per hr but that is for bushhogging usually plowing is a seperate charge. I would hate to give you bad advice sometimes you just have to wing it, and let them know up front you might have to make some adjustments on the cost. You can get to a price that you, and the customer are happy with. But dont sell yourself short.