Mower deck 6 Year Old Rider

golftech

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a Husq. YTH20B42. I'm an idiot for waiting this long, but thought I'd eventually figure this problem out on my own,seeing as I'm a 30 year veteran golfcourse equipment tech, but rotary decks aren't exactly my field of expertise.

Ever since this thing was new out of the box in 2007, it has left a thin uncut line just inboard of center of the right blade. It seems to be more prominent the higher the height setting,but I don't like to cut low, as it burns the grass on these very hot days we've been getting these last few summers.

I've checked the blades for balance and trueness(have tool at work),bought new blades, and tried a different style, and even changed the belt, to no avail. It acts just like they aren't overlapping, but they appear to be with the deck off, upside down, and eyeballing them. Is it possible the deck was somehow manufactured wrong so that it doesn't hang at the right angle(if there is such a thing),not allowing the blades to overlap properly?
I know that on a belt type deck,with no way to sync the blades, one side is slightly behind/ahead of the other so they can overlap. Just wondering If anyone had ever heard of a deck being screwed up like that from the factory.