54 inch mower deck

greatdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I have a 2001 simplicity DXL landlord. Typical stories runs great. 20 hp briggs twin engine was blown up. Changed it to 26 hp ELS twin engine. Then the 54 inch deck needed 3 mower deck spindles. All the splines were gound down to nothing on the spindles. They drilled holes through the flat shank and bolted the blades on. Yikes. Then it took 18 weeks to get the new spindles from the dealer. Every thing is back together. My deck has 2 chains with 3 hoops with pins as in the picture. Not the J hook system. Question is, the deck is 2 inches from the floor. Should the chains always be tight or will there be slack in them. Depending on the deck location. Up or down or in the midway position. ThanksKIMG5640.JPG

Catenary Kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
WoW! It's amazing there are no replies! Well, to answer you question a year late (almost) Those chains are the suspension chains for the mower deck. Weh it is either lifting or in the full up position, they will be tight as they are suspending the weight of the deck. When in the full down position, and at no other time, they will be loose to allow the deck to follow the cntours of the ground you are mowing. Sorry i didn't see your post earlier or I'd have responded when you gould use the information.