500 series push mower, gas in the oil

Nessuno

Threads
You are correct. I was off my meds that day LOL. I corrected my mis info above. Good catch Richard.
It's okay. I was too. I thought the spring was a second tube for the primer. Oops.

Nessuno

Threads

Beamster

Threads
I've had motorcycles that got the oil flooded with gas when the fuel shutoffs were left on. People think that the carb floats will prevent that but sooner or later that is not the case. Vintage floats were not compatible with current pump gas and the eventually leak and don't float, letting fuel run. In the bikes some floats were remanufactured of a material not sensitive to the ethonol and were aptly named "stay up floats". Being that the oil is diluted when it happens it would be bad to run it like that.

Gord Baker

Threads
If you are sure that gasoline is getting into the Crankcase, perhaps someone put it in accidentally.
Look for another problem although it seems you have carefully checked them all. 30 Std oil.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Yes, I know that. But it still doesn't answer the question.
ANYONE WHO FIXIES ENGIINES FOR A LIVING WILL TELL YOU THE CARB FLOAT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. OVER FULL WITH GAS WILL DILUTE THE OIL, DIRTY AIR FILTER WILL DILUTE THE OIL. i WILL NOT SPEND TIME TELLING YOU HOW, JUST KNOW IT DOES.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
ANYONE WHO FIXIES ENGIINES FOR A LIVING WILL TELL YOU THE CARB FLOAT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. OVER FULL WITH GAS WILL DILUTE THE OIL, DIRTY AIR FILTER WILL DILUTE THE OIL. i WILL NOT SPEND TIME TELLING YOU HOW, JUST KNOW IT DOES.
Hey loud mouth,

Might want to read the entire post before spouting off. His carb is below. His carb doesn't have a float.

1632067218211.png

Nessuno

Threads
Hey loud mouth,

Might want to read the entire post before spouting off. His carb is below. His carb doesn't have a float.

View attachment 58403
Thank you very much. I've been drinking a little bit today watching my fantasy football team go down the tubes and I was about to jump down the throats of a couple of posters who didn't read that I don't have a gravity fed system into a float bowl. LOL

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you very much. I've been drinking a little bit today watching my fantasy football team go down the tubes and I was about to jump down the throats of a couple of posters who didn't read that I don't have a gravity fed system into a float bowl. LOL
We take care of our own on here LOL.