5 hp vintage Briggs with Pulsa Prime

jacquesvan

Forum Newbie
I just replaced the pulsa prime carb on a 1984 5 HP Briggs engine on a wheelbarrow air compressor. I was looking at the puny intake screen at the end of the plastic pickup tube in the fueltank. I was thinking of taking the plastic tube off and replacing it with a piece of tubing with a fuel filter at the end. Kinda like its done in chainsaws, weedeaters etc. I could just fish the thing out and replace it without having to take the whole carb of when needed. Anyone else done this? Disadvantages?
 

Attachments

  • carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 9
Same here. One of the simplest, most fool-proof carburetors ever made.

FWIW, you can't just replace that tube with a piece of tubing and a filter because there's a check ball in the tube.
 
Back
Top