Export thread

5 acres with bumps I don't want junk

Y

Yard Slave

Hello,

Looking for new zero turn good quality. 60" is not a problem. Please advise. Cannot google best zero turn commercial mower and get real results. It seems they are promoting what they are paid to promote. I do not know. When the list of best commercial zero turns does not include any Gravely, Ferris or ??? how good is the list? I only plan to use on this one property not commercial. Please advise on your preferred and second best or whatever. Thanks

cpurvis

cpurvis

How much do you want to spend, $2500 or $25,000?

Y

Yard Slave

The less the better but I do not want a piece of junk that will be trash in 3 years. I maintain equipment. At another property I keep an old model Grasshopper going. I don't want to spend 25k I want the best machine under 10k and the cheaper the better.
Thanks!

J

jd 300

I had two Grasshoppers both with 54 inch decks and with kohler 20 hp and B&S18 hp engines i liked them both. I would recommend 25 hp.

tom3

tom3

I'd watch for the hydro unit size too. See in a recent flyer a ZT with 24hp twin that had a Hydrogear 2200 box. I'd want to see at least a 2800, or serviceable 3000 with that motor and a heavy 7 gauge fab. 54" deck. Check those specs.

Y

Yard Slave

Bought a Gravely Pro-turn 160. Last year 2019 demo model with 22 hours on it. 5 Year warranty on mower. 3 year on engine. Kohler EFI engine. $6499 plus tax.

tom3

tom3

Hydrogear 3400 and a 10 gallon gas tank, whoa nelly. Big rear wheels, suspension seat. Probably won't find a deal like that though.

Y

Yard Slave

So you think that was a good deal?

tom3

tom3

I'm guessing that was about $1000 more when showroom new. Seems to be a super ZT mower from all the specs.

Y

Yard Slave

GAFL8935.JPG

tom3

tom3

Being an old school guy, that's what a Gravely should be. Did I read it right, the deck is 7 ga. steel?

Y

Yard Slave

I think 7 gauge is correct. I think this ad is the same mower with zero hours from different seller. Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 3.07.27 PM.png

C

cruzenmike

Any Toro or Exmark with the suspension platform would work. You can find them in your price range. My stepdad has the ferris is2100 and it is a MONSTER! Spent under $10k and does very nicely for him. While I am somewhat of a fan of Ferris, I still believe that the Toro/Exmark would be a better machine quality-wise and the suspension platforms have a lot of adjustability. Hell, you could get into something for around $6-7k that would do what you need, be comfortable and last you many many years!

Mower Frank

Mower Frank

Congratulations on your purchase. While reading through the post, I was going to recommend the Gravely ProTurn Series. It's part of the commercial line, which means heavy duty deck, pumps and other parts. Not to mention a very comfortable seat with suspension. I've had a ProTurn 148 for about 3 yrs. and love everything about it.

Y

Yard Slave

Congratulations on your purchase. While reading through the post, I was going to recommend the Gravely ProTurn Series. It's part of the commercial line, which means heavy duty deck, pumps and other parts. Not to mention a very comfortable seat with suspension. I've had a ProTurn 148 for about 3 yrs. and love everything about it.
Thanks. Only used it once for about an hour. Today we have been trimming low branches so we won't have to deal with them when mowing. It sure seems like a well built machine.