Repairs 48" Lazer HP super sensitive steering

Firewire35

Forum Newbie
Threads
When advancing the steering levers to move forward, its super sensitive and will almost hop if not careful. Has a 750hrs on it and was not like this when we first bought it a few years ago. I'm thinking maybe some air was introduced in the steering system when it was moved with the pump valves open, but that's just a crapshoot. Penny for your thoughts.

Exmark fan

Threads
Check the dampers on the steering. They could be wore out

seabrz

Threads
Hi,

I am a new owner of a used (600 hrs) Lazer Z HP with similar issues. Other threads have indicated that the dampers have been changed by Exmark to gas filled, and the original P/N 109-2339 has been replaced by a Toro number.

With knock off parts on eBay, does anyone know a reliable source for these dampers on line without paying dealer prices? And what is the correct P/N - is it the Toro number?

Thanks

Jondee

Threads
I'm probably a little late to be commenting but did you get your problem fixed? If you did, what fixed your problem. I have the same thing happening to me and don't know where to start? (new mower?) I have wondered if it had anything to do with the RTC adjustment? (Return to Center) I'll give a half-pence for your thoughts.
When advancing the steering levers to move forward, its super sensitive and will almost hop if not careful. Has a 750hrs on it and was not like this when we first bought it a few years ago. I'm thinking maybe some air was introduced in the steering system when it was moved with the pump valves open, but that's just a crapshoot. Penny for your thoughts.

Jondee

Threads
After reading your comment on wore out dampers and having the same kind of steering problem I wondered if I dampers and wondered if they were wore out. Well sure nuff I do have dampers and after changing them I found that they were wore out. I have never before experienced such a dramatic change in the handling and steering improvement in a lawnmower. All the quick control reaction and jerkiness has completely disappeared since I replaced the dampers. Thank you for the comment and your help.
Check the dampers on the steering. They could be wore out