402777 0121 E1 Governor spring issue

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
LMAO.. So after all that. Customer says he doesn't wanna go through all the expense of fixing it. And to put it back like it was.
Which was the gov spring going from the gov arm. to the bracket, which hold the gov at low idle. And the low idle screw turned in far enough for mowing RPM's.

Looks like if I'm going to make any money around here, I'm gonna have to learn to rigger nig a lot of stuff. SMH.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it comes that around here it will never get done as I would a get a bad rep that I don't want.

I currently a v-twin Huskee in the shop that owner says she don't want to spend much on it. Well it is dead as it needs a $145 head, two push rods, a voltage regulator, and both drive belts at least. And I would need to go in to retrieve part of the broken aluminum push rod so there is the crankcase gasket. All because she ran it with a mouse bed over #2 cylinder and BBQ a mouse.

Her complaint was just the battery going dead. :LOL:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it comes that around here it will never get done as I would a get a bad rep that I don't want.

I currently a v-twin Huskee in the shop that owner says she don't want to spend much on it. Well it is dead as it needs a $145 head, two push rods, a voltage regulator, and both drive belts at least. And I would need to go in to retrieve part of the broken aluminum push rod so there is the crankcase gasket. All because she ran it with a mouse bed over #2 cylinder and BBQ a mouse.

Her complaint was just the battery going dead. :LOL:

And that, my fine feathered friend, is how we end up with soooo many parts mowers in the back. LOL

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I rarely keep a mower for parts here as the owners seems to always want me to buy them. Even with an estimate fee they pick them back up. I did acquire one last year but no telling when I going be the hydro of it. To be honest I don't need a bunch junk mowers sitting rusting away.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I rarely keep a mower for parts here as the owners seems to always want me to buy them. Even with an estimate fee they pick them back up. I did acquire one last year but no telling when I going be the hydro of it. To be honest I don't need a bunch junk mowers sitting rusting away.

Man, I used soooo many parts off the mowers I had, that now that I don't have but a couple, I'm always missing my parts mower stash. Gas tanks, seats, wheels, tires, and a whole slew of other stuff that was pure profit. Especially when you have many customers who are lower middle class and below. They don't mind used parts, like choke cables. I never sold junk, by any means. In fact, a lot of the used parts I sold were actually pretty good.
Someone comes in with a bad compression release, after installing the normal new stuff.. Battery & starter. Then finding out that the bill is going to be $250 to $350, a lot of them would just let me have it, so they could either get a price reduction on a used mower I had ready to sell, Or just because they were tired of it and wanted a new one.
Either way, used parts isn't as bad as some make them out to be. If the customer is OK with a used part, then I'm ok to sell him one.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure if I made the right decision. But I think I did.

Customer wants me to replace the deck belt too. But I turned him down. Saying I don't wanna touch the mower with the government jerry rigged like it is. I'm thinking the spring breaks, engine over rev's, he or one of his kids get's confused and excited. And the engine blows. or something worse happens.
And being the last one who worked on it, could end up being liable.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes it should stay idle or should go to idle whenever you release the throttle. Now if you put at full throttle with the springs off and it stays at full throttle the governor is toast.

Otherwords don't short things out or the wires and electronic will release their magic smoke. This magic smoke is what makes them work. Ever seen a diode or resistor that release it ever work again?
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Yo, Star, don't be divulging all the secrets. Most people still believe that silly electron flow thing is how electrical things work. WE know the truth about magic smoke. ?