31r976

jcwaugh10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Installing a new engine in my craftsman mower(rider) bought a 31R 9760016G1. I can’t get it to start. Does act like it’s trying to fire. Got the battery wired to fuel solenoid with 230 CcA battery. Does the battery have too many amps? Any help would be appreciated

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
How do I know what the kill wire on the coil is?
Okay there is only two wires on the Briggs single cylinder engine ignition coil (magneto). The high tension lead (plug wire) and a small wire (kill wire). No voltage is to ever be applied to this kill wire connection. Now your choice is either to unplug the plug wire or the kill wire. Now of course if you unplug the plug wire there is going to be no spark at the spark plug.

jcwaugh10

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay there is only two wires on the Briggs single cylinder engine ignition coil (magneto). The high tension lead (plug wire) and a small wire (kill wire). No voltage is to ever be applied to this kill wire connection. Now your choice is either to unplug the plug wire or the kill wire. Now of course if you unplug the plug wire there is going to be no spark at the spark plug.
Any chance you know what color that wire is?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Any chance you know what color that wire is?
99% of the time they're a black Solid core wire... not stranded copper. some i've seen one opposed twin where it changed color from black to a yellow wire.... but that must've been by the owner since he said he has to splice it.
It hook to this one terminal on the coil

TERMINAL.png