3-4 year old JD Z915B having issues

chrisohjd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD z915b and it's about 3-4 years old. Has ran fine since I purchased it new. Until last week, when I got on to mow, and no ignition. I heard a clicking noise but it wouldn't crank. I checked and make sure the parking break was on, and the PTO was off, and the arms were in the wide position. Nothing. Then i got off and lifted the seat, nothing. Finally i messed around with the parking break lever and got on the seat a few more times and it started right up and mowed just fine. Then this week, i was mowing and stopped to talk with my neighbor who was out in her yard, and when i was ready to start mowing again, nothing. Same thing. I tried everything for about 30min. Finally, i got my truck and towed it to the front of my pole barn. got on it and turned the key, and it fired right up and i completed my mowing. Any ideas on how to located and check each safety switch (if that is even the problem)/?

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As it is a JD you have the benefit of the absolute best written most informative & easiest to use repair manual ever written for a lawn mower.
Down side they are about 1/6 the price of a JD service at a JD agent .
From what you are saying sounds like a worn safety switch , dirty joint or wire broken off at the crimp which is making occasional contact.
AFAIK the seat switch is not in the cranking circuit.
The parking brake switch is behind the brake lever & the lap bar switches are under the lap bars.
The manual will show you the location of every switch.

chrisohjd

Forum Newbie
Threads
As it is a JD you have the benefit of the absolute best written most informative & easiest to use repair manual ever written for a lawn mower.
Down side they are about 1/6 the price of a JD service at a JD agent .
From what you are saying sounds like a worn safety switch , dirty joint or wire broken off at the crimp which is making occasional contact.
AFAIK the seat switch is not in the cranking circuit.
The parking brake switch is behind the brake lever & the lap bar switches are under the lap bars.
The manual will show you the location of every switch.
I will try that. Thanks for the info