2654 Husqvarna belt

Maggie

Forum Newbie
I have a 2654 Husqvarna and my daughter jammed a stick between the 2 back transmission pulleys. It only has about 50 hours and about 9 mths old but the belt will not stay on now. Can it be a pulley or the belt? It isn't making any noise but as soon as you put it in reverse it comes off. Is the belt usually tight? How can I tighten the belt tensioner?
 
:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Husqvarna section to see if we can find you an answer :smile:
 
I'm looking for the new thread to respond in the Husqvarna forum, want to make sure I see the latest info provided.
 
Usually the belt gets damaged and will jump off every time the bad bit gets to a pully.
Take it off and check it carefully.
Chances are you will find a sections scalloped out where the engine was turning but the belt was not moving .
 
Also, check to make sure you put the belt on correctly. Yes you can put it on the wrong side of the tensioner pulley,
 
Back
Top