2500 Compact Deck Flotation Spring

khaberst

Forum Newbie
Threads
All of the flotation springs on my 2500 Compact have been disconnected from the deck (I think it was from a previous service). I'm struggling to figure out how to connect the spring to the bolt on the deck, right now it's just connected to one of the chain links, but the top of the spring is connected to the lift link like it should be. Any idea how to pull this spring down to connect to the bolt???

Page 3-1

1689113384226.png

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you tried using 1/4” braided nylon cord or a good length of 12 gauge wire or even a wire coat hanger?

khaberst

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you tried using 1/4” braided nylon cord or a good length of 12 gauge wire or even a wire coat hanger?
I’m not sure how that would work? What would I do with the nylon or coat hanger?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads

khaberst

Forum Newbie
Threads

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem is the deck is in the way. I don't have room to pull down more than an inch below the bolt that it has to attach to...
How about a big screwdriver? The deck should be sitting on blocks, as described in the manual. A helper could lift each corner of the deck with a pry bar or you could jack each corner of the deck. That would give you enough slack to get the springs on.

Last edited:

khaberst

Forum Newbie
Threads
How about a big screwdriver? The deck should be sitting on blocks, as described in the manual. A helper could lift each corner of the deck with a pry bar or you could jack each corner of the deck. That would give you enough slack to get the springs on.
I put a jack under it, but think I maxed out it's lift. didn't want to bend something by continuing to jack it up by the deck. I might try and take off the floor boards and see if I can flip the spring around and pull from the top side. One side of the spring is looped so you can only slip it over the bolt from one end.