22 in Toro Recycler won’t restart after running

SEB-

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 22 in Toro Recycler won’t restart after running
Toro 22 inch recycler model 20112 B&S 190cc 6.75.

Got this lawnmower wouldn’t start at all , cleaned main jet was plugged. So far I’ve cleaned carb multiple times , new air filter , spark plug . Checked automatic choke function and is working . Ran some sea foam through it as well.

When starting from cold starts fine , if I leave it running it will run forever no problem but if I shut it down sometimes it will start again very slow and puffs a bit of smoke but most times it won’t start at all until it cools down again .

Anything else it could be or to check ?

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to me that when you try to hot start it you are not getting enough fuel it to the air horn. The AutoChoke is holding the choke open, which it should because the engine is hot. To me this means that your float level has changed due to the seat swelling, allowing the needle to shut off the fuel entering the float bowl too soon. This will cause a lean mixture and hard starting. I would check your float level, should be parallel with the carb body, and replace the float needle and seat if necessary.

SEB-

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestion. I replaced needle and seat and just tried today ran for 15 minutes then after I shut down it wouldn’t start again.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you try to hot restart the engine, is the choke open or closed?