2160 pto slow to engage

RAM56

Forum Newbie
Threads
pto3.jpgpto1.jpgpto2.jpg

2160 pto is often slow to engage.It will buzz and hum for up to 30 sec or more, then kick in. As seen in the pics there is a burr and some metal filings.
Can it be adjusted/repaired or is it time to replace? After-market replacements look to be about $160 or so.

Thanks

johndeerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
should be three nuts with springs behind them . you can adjust then . turn them a 1/4 of a turn in an try that . adjust it to your liking . do not go more than a 1/4 at a time . see if that helps you .you do not have to remove anything should be able to get to the nuts . it is a 9/16 socket

RAM56

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's wht I thought too. Cant see access to adjustment nuts. looks blocked by pully in front and aluminium housing in the rear.No at all like the pic in the shop manual.

RAM56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I have the manual at home. the illustration just didn't look anything like mine. I'l look again after work tonight.

RAM56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looked it over closely tonight. This is definitely a non-adjustable pto. I now recall close to 20yrs ago it being replaced under warranty.
Now I just need to figure out how to remove the bolt holding it on as the crank rotates when I try.