2023 42" Rambler deck belt length?

tgzzzz

Threads
Well, time and blood pressure guarantees I lost this battle. Good thing I'm not actually being idled here. Reading Bert's comments, how does one know OEM from OEM copy? Not all 134" belts are 134" on my tape measure. I'm not as smart as I look.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well, time and blood pressure guarantees I lost this battle. Good thing I'm not actually being idled here. Reading Bert's comments, how does one know OEM from OEM copy? Not all 134" belts are 134" on my tape measure. I'm not as smart as I look.
Exactly that not all belts matches what they are advertise to be. I ended for my shop buying a v-belt measuring tool to verify belt lengths but I even try to install a new belt especially a first time install from any of my vendors.

Several years ago I was having multiple problems caused by an after market vendor [A&I (Sunbelt Outdoors)]. It got to every I tried to install were apparently short. With the tool I from the 1/2 belts were nearly an inch short and the 5/8 belts were nearly two inches short. I tried working with A&I as was one of their dealers all I heard was that I was measuring them wrong. I finally got the my sales rep to personally come out with their tool and measure the belts. Guess what they used the same tool I was using.

Now this in mind Stens belts are spec'd to +- 1/4" of their labeled size or supposedly so as I have gotten them in both too short and too long which got returned for credit.`

Now of course there are other differences too like the angle of the "V" and actually belt width which can change how a belt sits the vee pulleys. Also you make sure use the same style belt. Use raw edge when raw edge are spec'd and covered when covered are spec'd. Raw edge are non clutching belts and covered are clutching belts.

This is where Tiger said sometimes you have to use OEM belts. Here the worst offender here is MTD mowers. Aftermarket belts very seldom work on the MTD CVT belt motion drive system.

tgzzzz

Threads
I've owned a bunch of mowers. Never had a problem finding a belt. Sunbelts look really good but they measure diff as noted above. I'm sure glad I don't really need one atm.

tgzzzz

Threads
The saga continues. I caved and ordered from the dealer. Been a week now and the nice lady reported that 6 were coming on maybe Tuesday. I've owned this mower 29 days so far and cannot buy a deck belt that fits. Tried two so far then caved. Not in stock. Do they stock blades? Bad Boy is treating that belt as a proprietary item. It's today $88 for a $30 belt and THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE. My offer to drive up there to get a belt off a mower was met with silence, utter.
The saga ends, after waiting and waiting, the dealer called the factory this am and was told the belt was "backordered til Sept." They then took a belt off a new 2023 Rambler mower and sold it to me for $60. Got home and outside measurement is 134.25 x 5/8" BB #041-4023-00. Inside measurement with my metal tape was just under 137". I am not nearly smart enough to understand this. Seems to me that the outside measurement should be the longer one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have that backwards
Inside on a 5/8" belt is 3" shorter than outside
Not sure what the difference with a BB would be but should be close to 5"
Double sided belts are a PIA as there are not many of them made
Check the Gates catelogue
In the front section of each type of belt they usually have a page of general specks including how they are measured

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The BB (5/8 hex) belt are the same as the B belts you add 3 inches to the part number. IE 100 equals 103.

B belts are 11mm high and BB are 13mm high.

Looking like I will be seeing more Hex belts here as Gravely/Ariens factory just open locally and the their mower uses hex deck belts.

tgzzzz

Threads
Yeah. I'll remeasure