2021 Simplicity Courier XT

bkeller500

Threads
Just wanted to share my first mowing with my new 2021 Simplicity Courier XT in case there are any shoppers our on the fence. First I brought the unit home and spent some time getting familiar with the unit and verifying the grease and lube points. Then I spent a hour leveling the deck ( dealer didn't have it level) which is OK as I needed to learn how to level it anyway. Today I made my first mowing, and WOW what a great experience. Driving the ZT was pretty easy and I had no disappointments or surprises or O No moments. But as I cut my 1-acre property I noticed a nice even cut and the stripping was excellent. I mowed my KB at 4". Since we had a week of rain my lawn was extra long but it was no problem. For the record...I just set aside ( for sale) by 2019 John Deere X590 with 200 hours, because I was struggling with the deck and the final cut last year and this year. I love the JD tractor but I just thought there has to be a better machine for my lawn. Not to bash the JD here at all, but rather share the excellence with Simplicity and the XT courier ( a beefier version of the entry level Couriers). The Simplicity XT Courier exceeded my expectations and made cutting my lawn fun again. It's just one mowing and time will tell how well this continues and how well the unit holds up but if you thinking of moving over to a Simplicity...the courier XT is awesome.

Wisco Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking to trade in my broadmoor for the same coourier xt. How is it holding up? And is it easy to remove the cutting deck?
thanks

bkeller500

Threads
I am looking to trade in my broadmoor for the same coourier xt. How is it holding up? And is it easy to remove the cutting deck?
thanks
The Courier XT has been an awesome mower. It cuts fast, level and spreads the discharge evenly. The deck is a little time consuming to remove so I bought a MowJack lift to help with deck scraping and blade sharpening. This is a good rig all around. Full disclosure…. I am selling it ( 190 hours) only because I have several shady spots and I cannot prevent some turf tearing on the turnarounds. It’s not horrible but it occurs a little too often for my liking. Plus I have a berm and occasionally get a break away on the slope that I did not have with a tractor. It’s probably more my fault than the XT but I think for my property a tractor (Simplicity Conquest) would serve me better. You will probably love the ruggedness ( built on a Ferris Frame) and smooth ride due to the suspension system. Plenty of power and changing HOC is a snap. Good luck.

Wisco Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Courier XT has been an awesome mower. It cuts fast, level and spreads the discharge evenly. The deck is a little time consuming to remove so I bought a MowJack lift to help with deck scraping and blade sharpening. This is a good rig all around. Full disclosure…. I am selling it ( 190 hours) only because I have several shady spots and I cannot prevent some turf tearing on the turnarounds. It’s not horrible but it occurs a little too often for my liking. Plus I have a berm and occasionally get a break away on the slope that I did not have with a tractor. It’s probably more my fault than the XT but I think for my property a tractor (Simplicity Conquest) would serve me better. You will probably love the ruggedness ( built on a Ferris Frame) and smooth ride due to the suspension system. Plenty of power and changing HOC is a snap. Good luck.
Thank you so much. Sounds like we have a similar yard. I have been pulling what hair I have left on keeping the broadmoor vs zero turn. I have been looking at cub cadet zero turn with steering wheel, supposedly best on hills, but the reviews on cubcadet in general are awful. First world problems. Good luck on your conquest and your yard and thanks for sharing.