Export thread

2021 Hustler Raptor XD (54") Hydro Issues

lawwal

lawwal

Hello everyone! First time on this forum and hoping you can help me diagnose an issue or maybe tell me if this is normal because I have searched everywhere and have not found anyone complaining about the same issue. I have noticed that the hydros (ZT-2800s) are EXTREMELY touchy at low speeds. I specifically notice this issue when going down hill and trying to draw back on the arms to control speed and while trying to navigate around a tree. Once I am up to speed it seems fine. Its almost as if there is a dead zone toward the bottom of the range and where it goes from barely moving to moving faster than I want, which results in lurchy/choppy operation when I am right at this point in the range. Hopefully this makes sense. It has also seemed to get worse, I did not notice this when I first got the mower but now it seems much more noticeable and if this is considered normal I'd honestly probably sell the mower because it is extremely irritating. Any thoughts? I also thought maybe it had something to do with air in the hydro so I did a full change/purge and no difference. All the linkages seem tight and not a lot of slop in the linkages/control arms so I don't think that is the issue. Going to call the manufacturer tomorrow but just thought I'd throw this out there as I cant believe that I would be the only one who has this problem. Thanks in advance!

I have the HG 2800 hydros as well. Mine seem fine at all speeds..

B

bertsmobile1

Change the oil and filters
Check that the tension arm moves freely
It should be greased regularly

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Change the oil and filters
Check that the tension arm moves freely
It should be greased regularly
Check the steering dampers (looks like a gas shock on SUV). These go out after a period of time and cause the steering to be very touchy. Replace them in pairs, keep the good on, and install it when the next one goes bad.