2021 Bad Boy Rogue's

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
seen a lot more than that

they're built by people and sometimes mistakes happen. Thats what warranty is for (defects). If everything was perfect a warranty would not be needed and would save companies billions potentially making our equipment less expensive. Having been down their assembly line a few times I have seen the workers and how they work. Some of them have zero mechanical abilities so they're just along for the ride. Some have great pride in their work and it shows. I know of one who started as an assembly line worker at minimum wage, and while on the line one day he asked the boss if a certain task could be done differently to save time. Boss said keep doing it this way and we'll talk later. Later comes and the big boss got involved, and they changed the entire assembly line which eliminated 4 tasks, moved that worker to a different position within the company with a better paycheck and dropped the cost of the machine build.

on another brand, it was always something. Keys missing, screws loose, missing bolts, wrong blades (seen quite a few that had 48" blades on a 54" deck, and a few 54 blades on 60 decks), wrong belts, bent decks, transmissions falling completely out, frames breaking/cracking, engines falling off, I mean this stuff happens and most people never see/hear of it but again, people made these things so they're not gonna be perfect.
I think your original premise is the other way round
To make a machine that works perfectly every time take a lot more time & effort resulting in a substantially more expensive machine
As an absurd example
A Rolls Royce will function perfectly right off the dealers floor and will never give any problems for the service life of the vehicle ( hundreds of years ) provided that scheduled services are done correctly. The down side of the extra quality control is it costs 10 times more than the top of the line Ford / Honda / whatever.

Warranty makes things cheaper because the QC is largely done by the customer