2019 623t jerky steering on inclines

larrylong

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, i have a relatively new Grasshopper 623t only 280hrs. When driving full throttle on even slightest inclines and uphills you lose steering, it will pull the machine left and right and lose speed.

Engine rpm are consistent and isnt bogging so it seems it isn't engine related. Has to be something with the transmission, hydraulic fluid level is spot on.

As far as i know there isnt really anything to adjust or air in the transmission. Its weird since it happens only on inclines.

BWH

Threads
How long has your 623T been doing this? Did you purchase it new?
The T-Drive is very dependable with it being directly connected to the output of the engine with no belt connections to slip. I don't have an answer to your problem but this situation has my interest, have you talked with your Grasshopper dealer?
I will be monitoring.

larrylong

Forum Newbie
Threads
How long has your 623T been doing this? Did you purchase it new?
The T-Drive is very dependable with it being directly connected to the output of the engine with no belt connections to slip. I don't have an answer to your problem but this situation has my interest, have you talked with your Grasshopper dealer?
I will be monitoring.
Hard to say. I've had a seasonal worker driving it for a couple months, mentioned it making noise when driving uphill a month ago maybe (doesnt make any sound to me). Machines been sitting last 3 weeks due to drought. So not that long. Yes i bought machine brand new.

Drove it today again, went to test some hills with cold machine and it didnt seems to have the symptoms with cold oil.

Mowed just fine today, few times i noticed losing steering. Mowed for maybe 6 hrs. Will give the dealer a call at the end of the week.

BOB-A-LEE

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check linkages on pump for being lose. If someone has been using steering arms for support getting on and off mower it can bend, break or loosen arm on pump. will cause mower to wander to left or right or both