2018 Cub cadet XT1Enduro series LT42 electrical problem

I am Joseph

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2018 Cub cadet XT1Enduro series LT42 electrical problem
I have replaced the battery, solenoid and ignition switch and my cub cadet still will not start, have checked the fuse and it is good I am running out of patience as what is wrong, I am seriously considering selling it for a flock of goats, any and all comments are greatly appreciated

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have replaced the battery, solenoid and ignition switch and my cub cadet still will not start,
New OEM parts or scamazon?

All new parts will require testing.

Do you have fuel flow AT the carb?

Do you have spark?

Do you have compression?

Air filter plugged up?

I know the cooling fins and valves have never been looked at. Also might be time to decarbon the cylinder/s per your engine manual. What's that red stuff down there?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you say “will not start” do you mean “engine will not move when you turn the key” or “starter will spin the engine, but engine will not fire”? Also, please provide us with all engine numbers so we have a starting point for how to help you.

I am Joseph

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you say “will not start” do you mean “engine will not move when you turn the key” or “starter will spin the engine, but engine will not fire”? Also, please provide us with all engine numbers so we have a starting point for how to help you.
I have jumped the new solenoid and the engine will turn over,replaced the ignition switch and I am back to square one, no power when I turn the key to start, no lights, hours meter doesn't even light up, eng serial number is 4732107803, model number of the cub cadet is 13A0A1CS010, it's a 2018 xt 1 enduro lt 42 with a 18hp Koehler with manual pto and hydrostat transmission

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this engine has a fuel solenoid, grab it and turn the key to the run, not start, position. If this solenoid is working you should hear a click and feel the plunger inside move. If you don’t feel or hear anything remove the solenoid wire and check for 12VDC. If you have voltage, the plunger is sticking, not allowing fuel to enter the carburetors air horn. You can remove this solenoid and clean with carb cleaner until it moves freely, install it and test it again.